Extra Seasonal Traffic and Promotional campaigns are testing businesses digital technology and ecommerce performance more than ever.
Businesses are seeing more lagging and outage problems at critical times than ever before. These can impact businesses revenue and in cases where the outage causes data loss, have to go through expensive recovery exercises that are not budgeted for.
A simple answer to the question why we recommend Drupal? "it’s best for performance".
This info graphic explains it all; Drupal is the best when it comes to heavy traffic. Refer https://w3techs.com/technologies/market/content_management/30 (the Web Technology Surveys authority)
Once again what is most popular is not always best (blog) and there are reasons why Drupal is best for sites with heavy seasonal web traffic, website promotions and media websites.
1. Firstly the SEO benefits for Google ranking:
- Sites with faster loading rank better in Google.
- Lower risk of slow loading creating bounces that will effect page rank
2. Drupal’s Technical Architecture (or Drupals' CMS design structure) is what makes Drupal best:
- Drupal sites are lightly coded so renders quickly in browsers
- Drupal loads images from a database to render as required
- It allows for dynamic content to be displayed as called for
- It separates design layers from module layers e.g. decoupled images, modules and ecommerce
In more technical terms Drupal provides:
- Authenticated user cache, which makes delivering content to authorised and anonymous users easily
- PHP7 support, which has fast caching and loading speeds
- Drupal 8 offers the BigPipe module to provide advanced caching implementation, this is based the same fast technology Facebook has to use
So it is not by accident that Drupal is the preferred high performer when it comes to sites with heavy web traffic and associated complex business functionality, and why many choose Drupal to future proof against heavy seasonal web and promotional site traffic.
If you'd like to know more about how your sites performance, ranking and speed is effecting your business please contact us and speak with one of our website performance experts..