Anzor is the leading supplier of stainless steel fasteners and fittings within New Zealand and Australia. They operate a number of branches throughout New Zealand with distribution managed from their head office in Albany, Auckland.
The online presence of the Anzor brand is key to their dominance. Recognising that technology had moved on significantly since the development of their last site the company went to the market to seek a partner that could assist with the development of the online solution they had in mind.
The key requirements they were seeking were:
- A team that would understand their business requirements
- A team large enough to manage and deliver the technical solution they were seeking
- A team that would deliver on time and budget
The Koda web design and development team based in Auckland was selected to deliver the project.
The project involved the Koda Web team working with the Anzor designers, an SEO consultancy, Exonet partner and the Anzor stakeholder team. Key deliverables associated with the project that the Koda team were responsible for delivering included:
- Delivery of the new website utilising the Drupal 7 CMS
- A fully responsive theme
- Full 2-way integration with the Exonet backend accounting system
- Custom pricing
- User integration
- Product management
- Delivery management
- Account integration
- Mobile Application development (Android and Apple IOS)
- SEO transition - minimising impact of transfer on existing Google index ranking
The project involved specialists from all parts of the Koda team:
The outcome is a website that positions Anzor well for the future, a fully featured CMS (content management system) that allows them to manage all content either directly on the website or within Exonet.
Integration with Exonet ensures all customer data including products and pricing are managed in one place and pulled at appropriate frequencies to the website.
The complexity associated with the product category tree that Anzor use required the Koda team to design and deliver a custom built mega navigation system that allows one-click access to the products the user is seeking, the responsive theme utilises a hybrid version of the desktop navigation system, providing intuitive access to product data.
The faceted search used on the site utilises Solr as its backbone providing a powerful, fully indexed search facility that allows a user to drill down on the content they are seeking.
The mobile application offers the following:
- Single sign on to the Anzor website
- Once you login to the Anzor App with your Anzor website username and password, you are simultaneously logged into the website, allowing you to navigate seamlessly between both portals
- The App includes a barcode scanner, if you have existing Anzor product packaging containing a barcode, you are able to use the scanner to upload the product to your cart and to then place the order directly with Anzor
- The App is linked to your Account and will display your custom pricing for all Anzor products
The Koda team enjoyed delivering the project, the outcome we believe speaks for itself.
For more information on how the Koda team may be able to assist you with your upcoming online development please feel free to give us a call on +64 9 448 1215 or complete the contact form here, and a member of the team will be in touch to discuss your needs.