While many businesses have Google My Business (GMB) profiles set up, there are still a large number of listings that are not tapping into simple optimisations that could help to attract more customers.
Not familiar with GMB? Here's a quick refresher before we get into the ways you can make the most of your listing:
- GMB allows you to create a listing for your business on both Google Maps and Google Search
- It's 100% free to use for any business
- GMB isn't a replacement for your website, it's a key piece of your overall online strategy
- GMB listings provide your customers with easy access to key information about your business within seconds
The first steps you should be taking when creating your Google My Business listing are arguably the most important. Adding key business deatils to your GMB listing such as your website URL, business opening hours, phone number and location ensure that customers are able to find the information they are looking for instantly when they do a Google search for your business.
Once the basics of your Google My Business listing are set up, it's important to stay engaged and keep your listing relevant. To do this, make sure you are regularly doing the following:
- Keep your business description up to date & ensure keywords relevant to your business are included
- Reply to customer reviews - this helps to demonstrate to potential new clients that you put customers first and value their opinions on your business
- Add photos to your profile to make your listing more eye-catching and engaging
- Add posts to your GMB listing about any events, offers or products you wish to promote
- Allow users to message you through your Google My Business listing - this gives potential customers a quick and easy way to contact you on the go
If you're still working on your SEO rankings and aren't wanting to spend money on Google Ads, GMB is a great way to get your website to appear at the top of the search page when customers search for your brand. Google My Business is a great tool for helping to boost your online presence and is a great way to compliment a well designed, innovative website. GMB gives customers an introduction to your company, while your website helps to close the deal by communicating your brand story, promoting products and services, and generating leads. The team at Koda are experts in creating engaging websites with a focus on the user experience and optimising the overall customer journey. For more information on how we can help with the design and development of your next web project, contact us here.